I'm a 27-year-old web developer residing in Southern California's Los Angeles area. I'm a determined, fast learner interested in and fascinated by front-end web development and expanding my knowledge base in that area.
When I'm not geeking out, I try to stay active by playing table tennis and practicing wushu.
My forms of eye candy include fashion, photography, and art.
I feed my ear candy craving with various genres of music, including indie, electronic, punk, and oldies.
If I 'm not at the gym or shopping, you'll probably find me at a museum, concert, or curled up at home with a good book. :)
Random facts: I made my first website when I was 9 with pure HTML. Incorrect grammar is one of my biggest pet peeves. I am an only child. I am half Chinese, half Filipino/Spanish. I can't refuse a good cup of coffee. See more »
Feel free to peruse this site to learn more about me, or simply drop me a line, and I'll be sure to get back to you!
Beginning 2005, I received my undergraduate education from the University of California, Berkeley, graduating in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
From 2001 - 2005, I attended the California Academy of Mathematics and Science, where I received my high school diploma. I was also an active member of the National Honor Society, chosen through teacher recommendations.
Programming languages I have used include: Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python, C, Velocity, Freemarker, Scheme, MIPS/Assembly, and PHP.
I have experience with multiple content management systems, including WordPress and Movable Type.
I am familiar with MySQL/Oracle/databases.
Operating systems I am comfortable using include Windows, Mac OSX, Linux/Unix, ChromeOS, and Android.
I have used and experienced various technologies, such as the MVC architectural design pattern, Ruby on Rails, Subversion/SVN, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, and REST services.
Greatly influenced by two courses I took at UC Berkeley — User Interfaces (CS160) and Software as a Service Using Ruby on Rails (CS194) — I possess a strong desire to apply and better understand UI/UX concepts in my daily work. I want to help make the web an intuitive and aesthetic experience for everyone.
- Front-End Engineer @ Edmunds.com, Inc. | 05.2012 — Present
- Web Developer @ Internet Brands | 10.2009 – 05.2012
- Web development/programming for CarsDirect.com (Heavy front-end web development experience)
- Major projects: In-house website template generator, established site coding and style standards/ documentation, major comprehensive site redesign for CarsDirect.com, social network integration for CarsDirect.com
- Team lead developer on two projects (site landing page redesign AB-testing variations for Autos.com & social network integration across CarsDirect.com)
- Web/Graphic Designer @ Demossa Gallery | 10.2009 – Present
- Hand-coding and updating web pages; designing web pages, graphics, and email newsletters via HTML, CSS, and Adobe Photoshop
- Assistant Webmaster @ University of California, Berkeley, Boalt School of Law | 11.2008 – 05.2009
- Assistant webmaster of http://law.berkeley.edu
- Created and updated pages with the use of the RedDot content management system, preparing/editing photos for the web with Adobe Photoshop
- Troubleshooted website/webdesign problems for departments within the college
- Webmaster/Web Designer @ BrainChild Education Center, Oregon | 03.2009 – 12.2011
- Designed and maintained website
- Assistant Webmaster @ University of California, Berkeley, College of Engineering | 10.2006 – 05.2009
- Assistant webmaster of http://coe.berkeley.edu
- Created and updated pages with the use of the Plone content management system
- Prepared/edited photos for web use with Adobe Photoshop
- Secretary @ University of California, Berkeley, Cal Table Tennis Club/Team | 08.2007 – 05.2009
- Organized and submitted paperwork in timely manner
- Interacted with club members and encouraged club involvement (main club PR)
- Organized team trip to out-of-state national collegiate competition while playing as an athlete for the team
- Active club member and chosen to be part of the school's collegiate women's table tennis team
- Webmaster/Web Designer @ University of California, Berkeley, Fashion and Student Trends Club | 08.2008 - 08.2009
- Solely responsible for redesigning and maintaining website (http://fashion.berkeley.edu)
- Web Designer @ Remedy Music Project (non-profit student-run music production group) | 11.2008
- Webmaster/Web Designer; Paul Tran’s Portfolio | 06.2007 – Present
- Creating and maintaining website (http://www.paulostran.com); implemented straight from artist’s mock-up design
- Secretary, Webmaster/Web Designer @ Long Beach Table Tennis Club | 2000 – Present
- Designing and maintaining website (http://www.longbeachttc.org)
- Taking meeting minutes
- Communicating w/ committee members
- Administering/operating full-sized table tennis tournaments (rosters, events, scoring, etc.)
- Ride Operator (Indiana Jones Adventure) @ Disneyland Resort | 06.2006 – 07.2006
- Daily experience with direct guest interaction; excellent feedback: several guests returned to the attraction requesting to interact with me.
- Received “Outstanding” rank during employee observation/evaluation
- High School Biology Tutor @ California Academy of Math and Science | 2002 – 2005
Spoken & written languages: I speak fluent English and Tagalog. I am familiar with Mandarin, Cantonese, and Spanish (I took four years of Spanish in high school, and I received an AP Spanish Language score of 4).
I come from a musically inclined family; I, myself, enjoy attempting to play the piano and the guitar and to sing. Ironically, my dad is in a band... but I'm not. :p
I'd love to try my hand at mobile development, for both Android and iOS.
I'm probably on too many social networks, but I can't help but be curious when a new one comes about! I suppose I'm an open book. See for yourself »
Did I mention that I'm always up for a good cup of tea and/or coffee? :)
"The night life is just not for me 'cause all you really need are a few good friends."The First Single (Cause A Scene) by The Format